THE BRODY WORKLOUNGETM: DESIGNED FOR YOUR BODY AND YOUR BRAIN
Today’s offices and universities are often open and exposed, providing little to no control over visual distractions. Students and workers need comfortable places they can turn off these distractions and still have what they need to support work and learning.
In an effort to find focus, we end up sitting too long in uncomfortable postures in furniture that wasn’t designed for intense working or learning. Many people seek out lounge postures to get in a relaxed frame of mind when they need to get things done. But the majority of lounge furniture gets uncomfortable quickly because it was designed to look great, not to support healthy work postures, movement and getting into flow.
Workers need a place to get away without going away.
- Comfort is compromised.
While most lounge spaces look comfortable, they provide little ergonomic support.
- Work and learning is compromised.
People need more than chairs, alone, to get their work done. They need supportive surfaces for their notebooks and mobile devices. And those devices need power.
- Focus is compromised.
Today’s offices and universities are often open and exposed, providing little to no control over visual distractions.
Introducing the BrodyTM WorkLounge.
Designed to be good for your body and good for your brain.
Providing high performance comfort and support, the Brody WorkLounge features patented LiveLumbar technology—bringing thoughtful ergonomic design to the lounge posture. The adjustable worksurface holds technology at eye level, reducing neck and shoulder strain.
The ability to focus is a real challenge for today’s workers and students. We get interrupted or distracted every 11 minutes and it takes over 23 minutes to get back on task.
The Brody WorkLounge creates a shelter from visual distractions, providing privacy and an enhanced sense of psychological security.
The Brody WorkLounge can help organizations and universities optimize their real estate by delivering a high-performance work space in a highly effective footprint. A smart alternative to enclaves, the Brody WorkLounge transforms under-utilized in-between spaces into covetable destinations.
- Personal WorkSurface is highly adjustable, allowing you to position your work and your devices at eye level, reducing neck and shoulder strain.
- Patented LiveLumbar Technology provides dynamic back support that eliminates lower back gap.
- Adaptive bolstering provides
exceptional seat comfort. Brody's seat allows the cushion to adapt to each user's unique size.
- Privacy Screens help reduce visual distractions and enhance personal privacy and comfort.
- Integrated dash® mini LED lighting delivers adjustable, efficient lighting where you need it most.
- Integrated power is easily accessible, so you can focus on your work—not your battery level.
- Personal storage provides a convenient place to store your belongings up off the floor and within arm’s reach.
- Footrest provides additional comfort while reclining. Fits under the seat when not in use.
SEE MORE ABOUT BRODY:
Brody is a gamechanger for today's workplace as companies and organizations look for ways to create spaces that allow workers to focus and get work done while promoting comfort and wellbeing.
You can visit Steelcase's website for Brody Planning Ideas. We'd be glad to provide information on Brody (e.g. product specifications, availability, design considerations or other consultation). If you're a Houston or Austin area business, feel free to contact us for more information about Brody or other commercial interior products and services.